Monday, May 11, 2015

It was too good to be true...

Sunset in Japan


Family!!! 

I was so glad to Skype you all! I've missed you! You all look great! Thank you for everything!

So as you know from last week, we had a baptismal date with Sayuri and we were all so excited and I love her so much! On Tuesday Sister Sticht and Sister Gates had a training at the mission home so Sister Kirkham and I went on splits. She's from my MTC district and we had such a great time! It was so much fun to dendo with her. We had lunch with Liu Fang and we had a great lesson with her and shared the Because of Him video and the Spirit was so strong. We set a baptismal date as a goal for the end of June. She was still a little hesitant about baptism but she agreed to the goal. We were so happy and excited for her. 

We have been really wanting to focus on finding and I think we were being tested because we had a rough day and no luck. We decided we need to not be so stressed about finding and to have fun. We had a lesson at Fangs house and talked about the plan of Salvation. It was a good lesson but I think it scared her a little bit because she was realizing how real this was all becoming. Later in the week we got a text from her saying she's not ready for baptism... That was a little sad to here but we just need to take things slower. On another down note Sayuri also cancelled her baptism date... Sister Sticht and I just decided to laugh about this week. We made two baptismal dates and lost them both within a week... I still have hope for them but on the bright side, Chen seems to be progressing well. She loves meeting and talking with us. I also  love the Dorffs.  President Dorff is awesome and his daughter Marina who recently got back from her mission in San Francisco is a bomb member missionary! She helps us so much! 

This week was definitely a humbling experience but we have learned to just have fun and to not get upset about things. I love our mission scripture and it has really helped me this week. D&C 128:22 "Shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage...and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad." 

I love you all so much! Thank you for everything! Aishiteimasu yo!

Love Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment