Monday, April 18, 2016

Earthquake?


She was so excited to find a Mexican food stand in Tokyo!

They had a rough day so they got Indo Curry

Garden across from the temple

















































Hello everyone! Thank you for all of the emails, don't worry, I didn't
even feel any earthquakes so I'm all good! Please keep the people down
in Fukuoka in your prayers.

This week was busy busy busy with traveling. We had temple Pday, zone
meeting, companion exchanges, and interviews with the Naganos.  For
temple Pday there was a miscommunication so we were late for our
session but we were able to do initiatories instead and that was my
first time listening in Japanese so it was a really neat experience!

I love meeting with President and Sister Nagano. They have so much
love for the missionaries and always help me so much. I'm not sure if
President was joking or not but he said there are a good amount of new
sisters coming in next transfer and I shouldn't be surprised if I
train again... Bring it on. It was also crazy because President was
also talking about what will happen my last week in Japan and things
like that. But he was mentioning how he was proud of all the work I'm
doing and can tell I'm working hard. (I didn't add that part to be
like "look at me" it was just a good reminder that I'm working
diligently and I need to not be hard on myself. Sister Nagano told me
I need to make sure I do everything for the Lord and not for myself
and they will help me focus on the work and endure to the end.

I just want to share one thing I learned this week. Lately we have
been trying really hard to talk to everyone and just open our mouths.
We haven't been seeing success.. As a matter of fact things are
declining and tons of our appointments have been falling through.
Well, on Sunday we had a lot of dendo (proselytizing) time and we had
no idea were to go. Everywhere we planned on going just didn't work
out do we finally prayed and decided to head towards a college. We
weren't having any luck the whole time. We finally decided to head
home. We had stopped housing and our main focus was home but then
something stopped me #thespirit and I turned and walked to the house
next to us. We talked to the lady and turns out she took lessons when
she was in high school years ago! But then she said she's super busy
but would come to church if she had time. After that I just was so
amazed and said a prayer of thanks and just went in a rant to Sister
Solomon about how great and powerful and kind Heavenly Father is.
Then, we stopped a  Philippino lady and turns out she knows one of our
members and she willingly gave us her phone number and said she'd like
to meet again! I said another prayer of thanks in my heart. Then we
were kinda tired and amazed by the two little but great miracles we
saw so we sat on a bench in a little park. Then an older couple walks
by and kept smiling at us so of course we jumped out of our seats and
talked to them. They've studied about religion before and seemed to
have some interest. We gave them our phone number and invited them to
a ward activity we have coming up.

So. Lesson learned was the power of prayer. But not only that, it's
prayers of thanks. I know the Lord knows where every single prepared
person is in my area. He could lead me to every single one of them if
He wanted. But, what good would that do me? I wouldn't learn how to be
humble or rely on the Holy Ghost or recognize the Lord's hand. I know
I'm learning slowly but it was a powerful lesson for me. A scripture
that explains my experience perfectly is in Alma 26:12.

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore
I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we
have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your love and support! I
miss you all! Have a great and safe week! 愛しています!

Love,
レイシー姉妹

No comments:

Post a Comment