Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 6!!

A gift from Sister Miles!

It started snowing on P-Day!

Missionary Statue at the MTC
Ohayo Gozaimasu Kazoku!

Hello everyone! I'm glad you're all doing great! Thanks for all of the emails! This week has been great!  On Thursday, Coughanour Shimai and I did sealings for the first time and it was amazing! I love it so much! The temple is so amazing! Teaching on P-days are my favorite because our lessons always seem to be the best. I know its because we have just been to the temple and feel the spirit so strongly. We had an amazing lesson with Ookusa and I know that the gift of tongues is so real and powerful.  On Friday, we taught Tsuboyama shimai the Word of Wisdom and I thought it went really well but Coughanour Shimai was having a bit of a rough time and I just told her that I've been feeling like that the whole time we've been here and she finally realized what its like to not understand and then she felt bad for me, so we've both experienced the ups and downs. 

I love my patriarchal blessing so much. The more i read it the more i get out of it, just like reading the Book of Mormon.  On Saturday, Cook Kyoudai was helping me out and he challenged me to say 100 sentences testifying out loud in Japanese in 20 minutes. It was rough, I was only able to do 32 in 15 minutes, but I feel like I learned and improved so much.  On Sunday, the focus was on baptism and our devotional was on how we need to know the doctrine of Christ and the order of it. It was really good. 

On Monday, our senpai left for Japan so we are now the oldest Japanese missionaries! YAY!  A week from Friday we will get our flight plans! I am so excited, I can't wait. My district and I realize that we never sleep. At night we go back to our bedrooms close our eyes and then all of the sudden we are back in the class room. The days are such a blur. If I didn't keep a journal I would forget everything!

On Tuesday, Cook kyoudai taught us a lot on having an effective companionship study and I learned so much. He has a lot of good advice. Our senseitachi (teachers) help me improve so much each day. Even when they tell us we need to figure it out on our own, I still learn so much and it helps me grow into a better missionary. Our song for Tuesday was 'Jesus Once of Humble Birth' and I loved it so much! Our talk was about being a bold missionary but in order to do that we need to be humble. We need to have as much trust in ourselves as the Lord has in us. It was a really good talk and has continued to help me realize that I need to be more confident and trusting in the Lord. OH! I encourage you all to watch the video "Choose This Day." It is so good. It will help make sure we are prioritizing correctly. 

I love being a missionary so much. This gospel is so true and I can't wait to share it with the people in Japan. I learn so much everyday and I am growing closer and closer to my Lord and Savior and to my Father in Heaven. I love you all! Thank you for everything! Aishitemasu!

Love Lacey Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment