Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week 5!!!

Sister Lacey and Sister Smithson
All dressed for Barentain's Dei (Valentine's Day)

No classes on Preparation Day :-(

Her mom's favorite drink and candy (Swedish Fish)

New skirt mom just sent :-)
MTC Zone at the Provo Temple

Sister Leung-Wo, Sister Coughanour, and Sister Lacey 


Konnichiwa Kazoku!

This week was seriously a blur. The weeks are going by way too fast, I can't wait to get to Japan, but I'm scared I wont know enough Japanese! Okay first off, I keep forgetting to answer questions. The MTC food has its ups and downs. Mostly downs. I miss your cooking mom and dad! I hardly ever get a good nights sleep. There's been maybe a total of 3 nights that I actually slept like a rock, but other than that, it takes awhile to fall asleep and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, but I'm surviving! Thanks again for the packages you have sent me! I love you all! 

So last Thursday our lesson with Tsuboyama Shimai was rough! I felt good with my Japanese, but my heart hurt. Her family doesn't want her to be baptized and today we learned yesterday that she is having even more struggles so we are trying to figure out how best to help her. But she gave us good news! She said she prayed and received an answer to her prayers and she knows the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet! We were so happy and thankful for that!

Barentain's Dei was fun! Thanks again for the packages! It was kind of funny because I gave everyone chocolate kisses so I was the Shimai (sister) who gave the Chorotachi (elders) "kisses"...

Our district devotional was on repentance and we had a really good discussion. For choir we sang "Consider the Lilies" and it was so beautiful. I LOVE singing in the choir, it is so amazing. Our devotional speaker was Brother Stephan B. Allen again and he is so awesome. He talked about the importance of companionship and obedience. 

Afterwards we watched a video from Elder Holland called 'Missions are Forever' and it was so good! He talked about how we really need to focus and do our best and how important missions are and we need to be obedient and convert ourselves. I love Elder Holland!

Monday was our one month until Japan mark! YAHOO! I'm so excited! Only about 3 and a half weeks left! It went by so fast! It's still hard to imagine that I am going to Japan! AHH!

The other day we had a 'How to Begin Teaching' practice and we actually taught it in English to see how we should improve our Japanese lessons. At first it was hard to teach in English, but then things just started coming! It was nice, I can't wait to improve my Japanese lessons.  Tuesday class was a little rough because I just could not understand. But then yesterday Olsen kyodai came back from vacation and Coughanour Shimai and I improved so much! It was subarashii.

Well everyone, I miss and love you all. Thank you for everything you do and your love and support. You are all such a blessing in my life. I'm so thankful for my mission. It is helping me learn and grow so much. It's funny because before my mission i would think "oh I better get my 5 mins of reading the scriptures in" and now I get so sad when I only have time to read for an hour! So remember to read and study the scriptures diligently! Make them your first priority! Love you all! Until next week! Aishitemasu!

Love
Lacey Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment