Sunday, June 7, 2015

Busy Busy Busy

She finally saw Mt. Fuji!

Brooke's name in Thai

























Hey family! 

Thanks for the emails! Transfer class were today and... Sister Sticht like you know is going home. I... I'm getting transferred and our area is closing.... We have so many mixed emotions. We have so many amazing people we are working with but we know that God will take care of them. I guess President Dorff and President Budge talked and they are taking out half of the missionaries in our ward.. On the bright side I am staying in the same zone and guess what.... MY NEW COMPANION WILL BE SISTER KAWABATA!!! I'm getting a Japanese companion! I am so excited and I feel like my exchange with her the other week was just foreshadowing. The members I met there kept telling me they wanted me to come back and Sister Kawabata and I worked so well together. I'm so sad I will be leaving Urawa and it hurts to know that our area is closing because we feel like we should have tried harder but I know this is what is supposed to happen.

Okay so on to how this week was:

So this week was crazy! I'm officially not a trainee now! I'm done with the 12 week program! Crazy right? Last Sunday Sayuri told us she wanted to get baptized on the 7th so we did everything we could to prepare her. We taught her everyday and set up interviews and made the program and then Saturday came... We were busy the entire day with appointments and we didn't even have time to go to the bathroom! haha and then she had her baptismal interview with the district leader and everything went well. The bishop wanted to talk to her to and I think that's when everything became so real to her. There were some certain concerns that came up and so we had to cancel. We received a text from her on Sunday and she practically said she doesn't want to learn or go to church anymore. Sister Sticht and I were so confused and just drained. All we know is that this is God's work. Everything will happen in His time. 

On the other hand, Fang texted us during sacrament and said she wanted to go to church and so she came with us and then went to an YSA activity afterwards. Her and I had a really good talk and she hasn't been happy and I told her if she truly wants happiness in her life she can find it through this gospel and gaining a relationship with God and Jesus Christ. Also, a member in the ward brought a friend who is really curious about the church and wants to learn about it. She almost started crying at church when we talked about the spirit. We have another appointment with her later this week! 

We also found out some amazing news from the elders about the 13 year old boy we found housing last week. They went over to his house and he has already read 20 pages of the Book of Mormon and said it totally changed His thoughts about God. He has read the bible before but he loves the Book of Mormon. He is like the Japanese Joseph Smith haha. The elders said his mom might have interest too! It is so crazy how we found him too. Sister Sticht and I weren't feeling too good and we were just in our apartment for dinner but we decided to leave and go housing (something we both don't like to do) and we had no idea where we wanted to go. We housed a few apartments and met some cool people but nothing serious and then sister Sticht asked me where I wanted to house and then I almost took one road but then I just decided to go across the street. We found no one at that place so we were about to head home because it was getting late but then sister Sticht said we should house the next apartment over and boom. Kinjin. The Spirit definitely lead us that night! 

A few days ago I was on exchanges and it was just a long day of traveling and we were sitting on a train and I really didn't want to talk to anyone. I noticed a lady sitting next to me really seemed like she wanted to talk to me so I finally put my self together and started talking to her. Turns out she speaks really good English and we had a great time! She told me to speak in Japanese and she would speak in English. It was definitely good practice for me. I gave her my number and she said she would call so we shall see! Also, on the train a few days ago, I started talking to this lady but it got really awkward and she stopped talking to me but then all of the sudden she gave me a cute little bead thing that was attached on her phone! I hurried up and gave her a flyer right before she got off the train, it was the cutest thing! Oh and also, I thought I got some attention for my eyelashes in America, nah. People go crazy about my eyelashes here. Sometimes it gets in the way because we may be talking to someone about the gospel and then all of the sudden they stare at me and start taking about my eyes. It's kinda funny but distracting haha.

Well, I'm excited to see what this next transfer has in store! I am so sad to see Sister Sticht leave. She has become kinda like my older sister and I'm going to miss her so much. I love you all so much! Thank you for everything! I know this is Gods work and He will take care of everything! Ja ne! Aishiteimasu!

Love,
Sister Lacey

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment