Monday, June 1, 2015

Learning Experiences!


Sister Kawabata and Sister Lacey 


She loves Japanese Ramen


Homemade Pizza

















Hello family! 

This week flew by and I learned so many lessons! We went to the temple on Tuesday and I had a great time. I saw my companion from the MTC and guess what? We were matching again! We would always match without planning in the MTC and we were again! It was so funny, I love her. After the temple we went to a couple missionaries house who know sister Sticht and we had delicious tacos. I forgot how amazing tortillas are. 

The funniest thing happened on Wednesday! Some of the ladies in the ward wanted us to go to an old folks home with them. So we went and Sister Sticht played the violin and we sang some fun Japanese songs. After the show was over we sat down with the cute little old people. I sat down in between this little lady who would just start singing randomly and it was so cute and I sat by this funny old man. I started talking to him and getting to know him a little bit. He asked me if I was going to get married when I go home. I said I don't know, maybe. Then he said "if I was younger and handsome I would marry you!" It was the funniest thing ever! He also gave me half of his dessert and made sure I ate it. Then it was time to go and he stood up when I did and just stood by me as we were saying goodbye to everyone.(He was just barely taller than my shoulders) As we were heading out the door he was following me and said "I want to show her to my mom!" We waved and walked out the door and then we turned around and he yelled "choto matte!" (Wait a minute!) and was struggling against someone to open the door again. He kept saying he wanted to say goodbye so I walked back up to the door and shook his hand and we said "sayonara!" It was the cutest thing ever and he didn't want to let go of my hand. I think Heavenly Father knew I needed to feel special considering the rough couple of days I'd had.

At Eikaiwa there is this new cute girl my age and I love her to death. We just love talking and she asked me to teach her how to pray and I gladly did and she said she couldn't wait to pray! I love her so much already, we are so alike!

Oh! Another quick funny story from the week before. We had interviews with President Budge and before hand they told us to think of things to ask him because this would be our last interview with him. I asked him a few questions about our investigators and then I asked him how to become a master teacher. So he decided to do a mogi (role play) with me! If you're familiar with role plays as a missionary they are the most awkward thing ever, well to most missionaries. And I did one with President Budge! So I went first and he said "yeah, mmhm, that was pretty good. Now I'm going to try." Yeah he blew me away. He is a very smart man. I have a lot to learn from him and I'm sad he's leaving so soon! But I know I can learn a lot from my next mission president. I also had written down how to have more confidence but I thought that might be weird to ask so I just said, "well is there anything you think I can improve on?" Guess what he said? "I think you need to have more confidence." So he then gave me some advice on what to do. He is very in tune with the spirit! I love the Budges!

We went to another old folks home on Saturday and sang songs for them. The last song we sang was God Be With You Till We Meet Again and sister Sticht and I almost lost it. The spirit was so strong and it looked like the room was glowing!

I went on exchanges with Sister Kawabata again and she is so amazing. She makes me seem way better than I am and said, "you know how some things say made with cotton or made in China? Well you are Made with Love!" She's adorable and an incredible missionary. We went to an older couples house who just got sealed and talked with them and an investigator. We were talking about the plan of salvation and after I said some things the husband said the cutest thing. He said how much he respects missionaries but he really respects missionaries that come from other countries to teach the gospel and have to learn a different language. He said he was touched and kept telling me to come back and that he was waiting. Sister Kawabata said she's never heard him talk like that or say that to anyone. I couldn't understand everything he said so his wife translated it into more simple Japanese and I just felt so much love from all of them! 

Last night we went housing and we met the most amazing 13 year old! He opened the door and was the most respectful person I've ever met! We asked him if he believes in God and he said "Oh yeah I believe in God and Jesus Christ." I never would have expected a Japanese persons with no religion to say they believe in Jesus Christ. He said he's read the bible some and so we gave him a Book of Mormon and he gladly took it. He's a huge soccer fan and said he wants to help people because God created us all and he wants to help others. I couldn't understand ever word he was saying but I was just picturing him as a missionary one day. I felt like he was preaching to us! We immediately told the elders and referred him to them and I can't wait to see what happens! I love miracles!

So earlier this week I was having a bit of a rough time and I came upon this talk called "Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence" and this was my favorite part:

"Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience. Remember that you are here to be proved and tested, “to see if [you] will do all things whatsoever the Lord [your] God shall command [you]” (Abraham 3:25)--and may I just add, “under all circumstances.” Millions of your brothers and sisters have been or are being thus tested, so why would you be exempt? Some trials come through your own disobedience or negligence. Other trials come because of the negligence of others or simply because this is a fallen world. When these trials come, the adversary’s minions begin broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, try to force a smile, gaze heavenward, and say, “I understand, Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn’t it?” Then partner with Him to endure well to the end. Spiritual confidence increases when you accept that “often trials and tribulations are allowed to come into [your life] because of what [you] are doing right."

I know that whenever there are "surprises" or other trials that come during my mission I just need to trust in Heavenly Father and my Savior. I know I am being tested to see if I will put all my trust in the Savior because He will never leave me. Other people might but He never will. This week I really started to understand and to feel when my Lord and Savior is carrying me and when He knows I am strong enough to climb myself. But, the thing I also realized is He is always holding our hand except when we think we can climb this mountain of life on our own. That's when it gets really tough, when we think we don't need any help. I know the Savior is always there for us and ready to catch us if we fall. He knows us perfectly and I have felt His love so much this week. I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for everything! I love you!

Love Sister Lacey

P.S. We might have a baptism next week... Yeah Sayuri told us she wants to be baptized and picked this coming up Sunday! We're not 100% sure she's ready but we will do our best to help her and if it's God's will it will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment