Monday, November 2, 2015

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

New Friends

The Halloween Party

Yummy Food

The trio reunited


Hello everyone!

This week has been really good! We saw A LOT of miracles! Asako San is
so amazing! Do you remember the movie "Matilda"? Asako San is just
like Mrs Honey from the movie. She is the sweetest thing and so
loving. She texted us Tuesday to see if we could meet and we met her
at the church. She read some of the Book of Mormon! We taught her the
restoration and she said she believes Joseph Smiths experience really
happened! We testified to her and had her read Moronis Promise and
after she read it she said she felt something really special. I
testified to her that that feeling is the spirit. We invited her to be
baptized and she said she would if she got her answer. We set a soft
baptismal date for November 15! She is so spiritual and I am so
blessed to be able to work with her.

I love the Nakagawa sisters! They are our only two young women.
Yesterday, I went to young women's and we had a great time. I got to
know them a lot and after class I asked Miharu chan to teach me how to
draw anime because I heard she's really good and I like to draw as
well. I heard she's really shy about her art work but she showed me
some of her drawings and she even drew me a picture! I got to know
some of their hobbies and let them know more about me. I told them
that I can help with their English homework and they seemed excited
about that! I'm going to talk to their mom and try and set up a
specific time! I love working with the youth and am so grateful that
President Nagano has been encouraging us to work with them more.

Oh and just real quick I'll share about the Halloween party. So there
are four missionaries here in Sanjo and they had us in charge if
everything. I have a lot of respect for people who set up for ward
activities now. Sister Yonaha and I made the food and organized most
of the games and the elders set up the decorations and helped with the
games. It was stressful but fun! To answer some questions no, people
don't really celebrate Halloween. They know it's a holiday but I think
only elementary schools do things haha. It was a cute little party
with our whole 35 people that came haha.

This week I have really been trying to focus on being Christlike. I'm
trying to lose myself in the work and not focus on myself. Sometimes I
feel like I'm pretty selfish or focus on the wrong things. I always
try to remember the talk from conference about how we get frustrated
when we start to think this work is our own. I definitely have found
out that to be true. I'm trying to be more sincere in my prayers to
try and help humble myself more. This morning during study I read
John 15:18

"If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you."

It hit me so hard. I have never felt what I then felt before. I can't
even describe the way I felt but my Savior felt so much more real to
me. There are many times as a missionary where you feel hated. It's a
terrible feeling and sometimes makes me doubt or not try so hard but
just reading that I just couldn't hold back the tears. I am so
determined to do everything in my power to do the Lords work. He could
do it on His own but for some reason He has chosen me along with many
others to preach His gospel. I know that "by small and simple things
are great things brought to pass."

I love this work so much. I am so grateful for all of the many
experiences I have had and I know they will bless me forever. I know
this is the true church and that our Savior Lives. I can't help but
get emotional every time I testify about Him. I love my Savior and
Redeemer and I know He has a special love for the people in Japan. I
love you all so much! Aishiteimasu!

Ai suru,
Lacey Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment