Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Training!!!


Some treats the sisters made for people



Looks like real hibachi cooking!













































Hey everyone!

Last week was great! I think I'm finally recovered from the little
accident I had with my bike. There were a couple rough days and 
Sister Nagano was worried about me but my mission doctor 
reassured her and me so everything will be okay! Alright, now on 
to the news of this next transfer! AHH. I'M TRAINING. I'll get my 
new little bean chan on Wednesday. I'm so excited but also terrified 
beyond belief. But I literally can't wait to have a trainee!

So last week we saw a lot of miracles, both big and small. Our Eikaiwa
is amazing! We have about 6 high school students that come. We're
trying to get them to come to our tutoring class but most of them say
they're busy besides Wednesday but hopefully soon! A lot of them are
graduating and going to college soon so we'll try to refer them to new
areas but Sakura is still 16 so she'll be around! She's so cute and
sweet and has a Book of Mormon. When we see her again we're going to
ask her if she would like to take the missionary lessons.

We met with Mayumi and just wanted to see if she was truly interested
in our message. She is! She loves learning but the only thing is it
will take a little more time for her to fully comprehend what we teach
her. We don't want to push her too fast but we all agreed for the 13th
of March as a new baptismal date! Also, way cool miracle on Saturday.
We were on our way to visit a less active when we spotted Mayumi. We
turned our bikes around to go over to her and she was so surprised. We
sat down next to her on a bench and turns out she was having a really
rough day. She told us what was going on and I put my arm around her
to comfort her as she cried. Sister Oshima and I were able to comfort
and encourage her. Later in the day the elders also saw her and talked
to her and said she seemed really happy! I'm grateful that through our
words we were able to comfort her and bring her some cheer. I really
felt like a true disciple of Christ as I sat next to her with my arm
around her because I know that's what the Savior would do if He were
there with her. He would listen to her and just show her that He loves
her. That experience really made me think of one of my favorite
pictures of Christ. I'll make sure to send it!

We were finally able to meet with Vy! We talked about baptism and how
we will need to reschedule because there are more lessons we need to
teach her. She kept saying "baputesuma wo uketai desu!" (I want to
receive baptism!) So we scheduled her knew date for March 13th as well
so about a week or two before she goes back to Vietnam. We told her we
need to meet with her more and she agreed! I'm so excited and I pray
will be able to finish the lessons and help her faith grow in time!

I'm really going to miss Oshima Shimai. This was definitely the
fastest transfer so far. I've learned so much from her testimony and
her faith. She was definitely the perfect companion for me for right
before I train. She's an amazing missionary. The members are also
going to miss her. She is a legend here in Mito because she was the
first Japanese missionary in Mito and she was here for 8 months. I
have big footsteps to fill in but I'm excited for this next transfer!

I learned a lot at zone meeting and I'm grateful for the trainings
that we had. Some revelation that I received is that I need to make
sure I am showing my love for the Savior more. I just want to end with
one of my favorite missionary quotes. It's from Elder Holland but I
can't find where it came from. I just found the quote in my apartment.
Anyways, here it is:

"When the light dawns and it finally comes to you that this gospel
really is true and the work matters and that God is not going to come
down and do it Himself; we will realize that we are the only hands He
has got and that we are the only feet He has got. When somebody knocks
on those doors, it is with our knuckles. When we make contact on the
street, it is our voice out there on that street corner. When we work
with the less-active, Moroni and Mormon and Alma and Joseph Smith are
not going to come down and go in that door and do that teaching; it is
you and it is me. It is just people who get up, like we get up every
morning and do the work of the Lord the way those men and their wives
did it in the era and in their day and in their age and in their time,
but now it is our time. When we come to know this, then we will get on
with the work."
 Jeffrey R. Holland

"Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! I am learning and
growing so much more than I ever thought I could. I'm so grateful for
the privilege to stand as a witness and disciple of our Lord Jesus
Christ.

Love, Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment