Monday, March 14, 2016

One Year in 日本!

Making some Japanese food for Sister Solomon's birthday!

Add caption

Happy Birthday!


Festival in Kairakuen

Add caption




皆さんおはようございます!

Today is going to be a little short because our Pday is kinda split in
half. We are going to the temple tomorrow so we are doing some things
today and some tomorrow. I literally can't believe that this week I'll
hit my one year mark in Japan. It's crazy that I've lived in this
amazing place for a year. I'm definitely going to start treasuring
each moment more and more.

I just wanted to share a few funny things and things I've learned this
week. First off, we teach this one lady, Saito San, english and also
share a message to her. She has the most adorable little baby. Itsuki
is so cute and he loves name tags! He always grabs them and tries to
take them. Recently, he has also tried to adventure in sitting on my
lap. Let me tell you, it is the hardest thing to set him off of me. He
walks over to me and wiggles his way in between me and the table and
sits on my lap and then turns and looks at me with a sly smile. It's
almost as if he knows he's not allowed to sit on my lap and then I
have to set him off. Anyways, the first thing I want to do when I get
home is hold a baby!

I decided to watch part of the face 2 face with Elder Holland to the
YSA. Elder Hollands testimony at the end was so powerful. He said some
things that were exactly what I needed to hear. One quote from him is,
"whatever the question, the answer will always be The Gospel of Jesus
Christ." He shared Moroni 10:32-33,

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves
of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all
ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then
is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect
in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can
in nowise deny the power of God.

33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and
deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of
God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the
covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become
holy, without spot.

Elder Holland testified that this is what the gospel is. This is the
message to all - Through Christ anyone and anyone can be freed from
guilt, sin, sorrow, and pain. There is no other way to completely heal
us except through the atoning blood of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is
the way. He is the light of the world that cannot be dimmed. I know
that it is only through the Redeemer of the world that we may receive
everlasting joy and happiness. We can all receive this promise if we
accept the call from the Lord Jesus Christ to "come, follow me." He
will keep every promise made to you, all we need to do is trust and
not deny him.

I love you all so much. Thank you for all your love and support! Have
a great and safe week!

Love, Sister Lacey

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment