Monday, July 11, 2016

Temple!





Hello Family and Friends!

This week was great and the miracles just keep on coming! I was able
to go to the temple today for the last time on my mission and it was
such an amazing experience. While I was sitting in there I just had an
overwhelming feeling that I would be back someday.

We had an eikaiwa party for the Fourth of July and Sister Parker and I
were in charge of making the food. We had a lot to do but then we
remembered on of our less active's is a really good cook so we asked
her if she'd like to help us and she was more than willing to! We had
a good time bonding with her and she said she would come to church
again soon. She is awesome! It just helped me realize that we really
need to help others use their talents because people get so much
happier when they help others with by using their talents.

We met with Sumiko twice this week and she is doing great! She has
such strong desires and we used the new pamphlets to set better
expectations. She has some word of wisdoms problems but I think it
will be okay. We set a baptismal date for the 28th of August because
she can't go to church this month because her grandmother recently
passed and she is busy with that. We originally set a date for the
31st of this month but since she can't come to church we pushed it to
August. But I'm so excited for her progression!

Also, on the way home one day we stopped this Chinese lady named Elsa.
She is so cute and friendly and said she'd come to church if she had
time. Guess what? She actually came!! So many people say "I'll come if
I have time" but they never do but Elsa came! She loved it and said
she wanted to come next week. We are going to see her tomorrow too and
she said she wants to learn from us!

I'll be honest, I can definitely feel myself getting a little burnt
out and I feel like I'm getting weaker and weaker each day. My body
wants to be done but my brain and heart are like "NOOO. No rest for
the weary! Keep going theses last few weeks!" All I can say is I know
the Lord is helping by giving me strength to finish each day.
Yesterday, I was reading in 2 Corinthians chapter 12 and I came across
a scripture that really helped me. It says,

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength
is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory
in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in
necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for
when I am weak, then am I strong."

That scripture really helped me realize that I need to be grateful for
my weaknesses and I understood that instead of wishing my weaknesses
of trials were gone I need to be grateful for them because Christ's
mercy is real and He will help me no matter what. "For when I am weak,
then am I strong." Strength from the atonement of Jesus Christ is the
most powerful strength we can obtain and I know it is real if we trust
in the Savior. I love you all so much! Have a great and safe week!

Love, Reishī Shimai

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment