Monday, May 16, 2016

Transfer 11



Good morning everyone!

This has been a crazy week! It was so hard saying goodbye to Sister
Solomon. We had to separate in a busy train and I was practically
pushed out of the train as we yelled goodbye to each other. Gotta love
trains in Tokyo. So my new companion is Sister Batchelor from Arizona.
She's 19 and so cute and has a lot of good desires and I'm excited to
see the miracles this transfer!

This email will be a little short so I'm sorry about that! Since I'm
still in Mito I rearranged the whole apartment, well as much as I
could, so it felt new to me. This is the first time I've stayed this
long in an area and I want to make sure I haven't gotten too
comfortable. The ward members were definitely really surprised that I
stayed but to my reassurance they do seem happy to still have me and
also they know I'm training again so they kept telling me, "wow you're
an amazing missionary so you're training again!" (Totally not the
case) and it kinda worked out though because we received two new
referrals yesterday from members! I'm really excited to meet with them
in the coming weeks!

The other day I was talking with President Nagano and just expressing
some concerns and asked for advice and he helped me so much. He said,
"Today is the first day of the rest of your life." Whatever has
happened, today can be totally different and we can live each day with
perfect brightness of hope."

I'm grateful for his counsel and help he has given me. We can always
keep trying. It just reminds me of Elder Hollands talk that as long as
we desire we will be blessed. Let us keep pressing forward with a
perfect brightness of hope!

I love you all so much! Thank you for your prayers and support! Aishiteimasu!

Love, Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment