Monday, August 3, 2015

August??

Making rice bowls


Add caption

YSA Activity








































Hello! 

Can I just express again how my mind is still blown that Jason is coming to Japan?!? It's so crazy and I'm so excited!! Let's just say I've probably learned like 1000 new words this week and Sister Teruya is teaching me funny and very useful Japanese. She says she doesn't want Jason beating me with the language because he has 6 more months than me and I totally agree. Game on.

 So This week was really good! I think I'm finally getting used to the humidity. Just kidding. I'm not. I didn't think heat has a smell but it does. I can't explain it but yeah. The air is so thick it feels like I'm drowning. But, I love Japan! 

We saw a huge miracle on Tuesday! We went to meet a PI for a few minutes. She is from the Philippines and had met sister missionaries before but nothing really happened. We met her at an eki and she brought her mom! She had been telling her mom how much we have been helping her (I have been contacting her through facebook and she had told me some trials she's going through so I have been sharing scriptures and videos with her). They both work a lot but said soon they have vacation and they said they can't wait to finally sit down and meet with us. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she is so excited to read it! I have so much faith and hope for hem and I hope they get work of soon because I believe they will progress fast. 

On the way to visit a less active I sat in between two ladies on the train. I wasn't sure who to talk to first but I kept feeling to talk to the one on the left of me. I finally followed that prompting and turns out she has been to Utah before, knows about Mormons, and has seen the Salt Lake City Temple! And I found out she can speak English too. It was so cool and she had to get off at the next station but I gave her a chirashi and invited her to come to church. 

We met with our other investigator from the Philippines and had a good lesson. She loves the church and believes it's true but she has concerns with her family and she says she likes being catholic because there's not so many rules but she likes how our church focuses on families. Hopefully we can help her see the importance of how there's only one true church here on the earth. 

Our only Kodomo eikaiwa students mom brought a friend this week! Now we have two students and they are so cute! Teaching children english is kind of making me want to be a teacher after my mission... We shall see. Although I'm really interested in technology and want to study it. Hmmm. I have plenty of time. Anyways, back to dendou. We had two people come to church today and it was great! Olga San took the sacrament for the first time and said she felt so happy and different after she took it. I talked with Rei San more about concerns she's having and tried to help her. We had a good bounding moment and I really understand that we need to love the people we teach. It makes so much more of a difference when we have Christlike love for others.  

I know this gospel is true and that this is Gods work. I would not be able to do any of this if it wasn't for His help. I know I need to be a more consecrated missionary and have more faith. I don't want to have regrets when I look back on this time. I want the Lord to always trust me to guide His lost sheep. Sometimes I'm hesitant to follow the spirit but I realize when I follow the spirit I never regret it but when I don't follow the spirit, I always regret it. I love you all so much! You're amazing and I miss you all! Aishiteimasu!

Love, Sister Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment